oBand® Miami Can Save You Money
As we have mentioned before, LAP-BAND® surgery should be considered an investment in your health, not an expense. The long term weight loss success, as well as the prevention and elimination of obesity-related co-morbidities, far outweigh the costs of the LAP-BAND® procedure.
According to a study presented by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2008, the medical costs associated with obesity were estimated at $147billion. Furthermore, an obese person spends approximately $1,429 in medical costs – roughly 42% more than a person of normal weight.
Additionally, the costs associated with obesity can rise significantly with age and weight. Take into account the following costs:
- Costs for Over the Counter medication
- Co-pays and other fees for doctor visits, lab work, x-rays, and specialists
- Co-pays and other out of pocket costs for prescription medication
- Income lost due to decreased activity, restricted activity or absenteeism
- Diet plans and other weight loss programs
- Additional food costs associated with groceries and restaurants
Aside from the obesity-related costs that would be eliminated after your LAP-BAND® surgery, you will also enjoy other benefits that cannot be quantified in a dollar amount. You will enjoy more time interacting with your family and children, free yourself from the stigmas of obesity and feel energized about life!